Taking Aim at Hardlines: Election Overload

Friday, October 31, 2008

Election Overload

I don't know about you, but I am burnt out on the election. I get more disgusted every time I hear or read about the election. I suspect that it also is playing a big role in having our markets acting like a yo-yo on a daily basis.

I am certain that come Wednesday of next week that when the election is over, the media will begin a new drumbeat about the administration. At least we will not be harassed with boring debates and never ending political commercials. With any luck, the stock market will pick a direction and stick with it for more than a few hours.

My real fear is that the media is so ramped up and so desperate because of the economic decline in newspaper and major network audiences that they will hype anything that happens to try and create significance for themselves rather than dealing with the real problem. They need to recognize the world has changed and they need a new business model.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines