Taking Aim at Hardlines: Hardware Show Alternative

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Hardware Show Alternative

The Chicago and Las Vegas Hardware Shows are behind us. I have already reported my thoughts on the the shows. With the Industry going through transition, it makes sense to explore all opportunities. Several years ago, I attended the National Retail Hardware Association Convention. I had a chance to catch up with old friends from the Co-op corporate offices and to meet many independent hardware retailers. It was a great experience for me and a handful of manufacturers. I remember thinking at the time what a missed opportunity for manufacturers to get close to the people who are actually selling their products. Today it looks like a golden opportunity.

The 2004 Convention is scheduled for July 12th to 14th at Resort Semiahmoo in Blaine Washington. As a manufacturer, unless you have a crystal ball already pointing out the best path to the future, it might be wise to take a look at this opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe with Bloglines